(A Certified Safety Committee pays for itself in year #1)
Did you know that Safety Performance and Worker Injuries can end up costing your business opportunities?
- Do you know what your Experience Mod Factor and Loss Ratios are?
- Workers Comp rates factor into your cost of business so it raises your overhead, which may make your Sell Price higher than the competition
- Some clients will only work with vendors that have safety risks under control and pro-active safety programs in place.
Here’s one example:
Until four years ago, OSHA had not raised their penalty amounts since 1990. Now, with the Inflation Adjustment Act, OSHA is required to annually adjust penalty amounts by January 15th. Fines increased by approximately 80% on August 1, 2016 and are adjusted annually moving forward. Listed below are the current OSHA penalty amounts for 2019:
- Other Than Serious Injury Incidents – $13,260 per violation
- Willful or Repeated Violations – $132, 598 per violation
Did You Know? A certified Safety Committee will save you 5% off your Workers Compensation rates for every year going forward, and all you need to do is organize a safety committee and follow the steps to earn the certification.
What Can You Do? Be proactive, rather than reactive, when it comes to your company’s safety and health program. Now is the time to evaluate your Safety and Health Program and discover where the gaps might be.
Contact Advocate Insurance to learn how to make your business more competitive and establish a safe workplace for your employees.
Advocate Insurance has over 20 years experience in the safety risk management and employee productivity fields. We also have the experience to help with your commercial insurance needs as well as car insurance and home owners insurance. We have assisted individuals in and around Reading PA with car insurance and home owners insurance. We assist businesses in Reading PA and around the Berks County area with risk management and safety training services.