So, you own a business or are thinking about starting a business and you are wondering what commercial insurance do I really need? We wanted to help you determine what commercial insurance you need by providing you with some important information on each. Let’s discuss…
- General Liability Insurance – This type of insurance is important, no matter what type of business you own. It will protect you if your product or services cause any bodily injury or property damage to a third party.
- Property Insurance – Do you own your building that your business is in? Or do you rent a location and have equipment, tools, and computers? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then you need to have property insurance.
- Commercial Auto Insurance – If you have vehicles that are owned by the company, you need to have Commercial Auto Insurance. This protects your vehicles as well as your employees when they are driving them.
- Workers Compensation – This is important commercial insurance to have for your employees; it provides coverage for any employees who get injured on the job.
- Professional Liability Insurance – Different from a General Liability Insurance, a Professional Liability Insurance policy provides defense and damages for failure to or improperly rendering of professional services.
Work from Home?
If your business is set up in your home, your standard homeowners insurance policy may not be enough to cover your business needs. Discuss with us what you may need.
How is your business insurance premium calculated?
Similar to many other insurances your business insurance rates depend on some questions being answered:
- What type of business are you.
- Turnover size.
- Number of employees.
- What kind of claims have you been subject to in the past.
- Health and safety record.
- Level of exposure to your clients/customers
This should help give you a guide of what insurance you need. If you are in the market for purchasing commercial insurance, contact Advocate Insurance today.
Advocate Insurance has over 20 years experience in the safety risk management and employee productivity fields. We also have the experience to help with your commercial insurance needs as well as car insurance and home owners insurance. We have assisted individuals in and around Reading PA with car insurance and home owners insurance. We also assist businesses in Reading PA and around the Berks County area with risk management and safety training services.